25 Pounds in 25 Weeks

Saturday, January 5th

I am getting married in 25 weeks from today.  25 weeks.

Which means I have 25 weeks to get into the best shape of my life and the body I've always imagined having at my wedding.

Interestingly enough, it's going to take losing about 25 lbs to get there.

So, for the next 25 weeks, I'll be here sharing with you my progress, tips and tricks on diet, weight loss, exercise and healthy living...

Weight loss is something that I have struggled with all of my adult life.  What it really boils down to for me is laziness.  Laziness and a deep love of carbohydrates.  Especially fried carbohydrates.

But there's nothing quite like a big diamond ring staring at you every day and the most beautiful wedding dress you've ever seen sitting at the dress shop down the street to motivate you.

So, here goes nothing.


Now, I am in pretty bad shape.

I was in pretty good shape about 3 years ago.  That was the last time that I felt fit.
I used to work out regularly on this...


The Firm Wave.

I really do love it.   I, of course, got sucked into one of their many infomercials showing overweight housewives becoming gorgeous Shape Magazine models.

But it really is a pretty awesome workout.  20 or 40 minute workouts involving cardio and weights.

This picture is from a few years ago...


Notice my thin, toned arms?

Also notice the cat on my shoulder...this was before the accident.

And this was after.


The Wave rocks back in forth while you stand on it...

Curiosity didn't kill the cat this time but it came close.

Hopefully you can guess what happened because I don't feel like telling the story today.

The moral of the story, however...actually there are 2 morals...

1) Do NOT use this product with small curious animals in the house.

2) I stopped working out on The Wave after the accident.  I just couldn't do it anymore.

That's why my arms look like this now...

Nice ring, though, right?

I'd honestly, {I am not being paid to write this!} recommend The Firm Wave to anyone looking for a good home workout system.  Great cardio and challenging moves.  Also, there is a lot of room for growth as you get stronger and gain endurance.

So, I workout on The Wave, take Atticus on long walks/runs every morning before work, and I do Yoga, also at home using a few different DVDs.  My favorite is actually also by The Firm, a Power Yoga 30 minute flow.  I also have Yoga Works Fit Abs, which honestly I am not strong enough to complete the 40 minute flow included on this DVD, but the 10 minute abs workout is crazy awesome.

So...laziness, deep love of fried food, traumatic flashbacks to the accident...

Not long after the accident, I became a Vegan.  I spent so much time focusing on my new diet, (and had a long adjustment period concerning my energy levels,) that I stopped working out almost completely.

But that's a story for another day.

It's time now.  This is happening.  If you saw my dress, you'd understand.

That's not going to happen though.  Not for another 25 weeks.

Until then, keep your friends close and your small, curious animals closer.




No comments:

Post a Comment